Please help! - Nitsan's filmmaking tutorials Youtube channel has been deleted!
[UPDATE:I got it back! You can read about it HERE (LINK). I am leaving this article here for others to learn from.]
My name is Nitsan, I am a very hard working 24 year old filmmaker (see my work below). I came home from a shoot to find emails from my viewers telling me my channel has been terminated. Unfortunately, without any warnings or explanation from Youtube. This is most likely some sort of mistake, but because Youtube is so huge, I need your help to get noticed (see bottom of article for what you can do).
I have spent 3 years shooting over 200 reviews and tutorials, totaling over half a million views and 3000+ subscribers. My Youtube channel was a huge part of my life and my business, without it I will be loosing a lot of money, yup, the money that pays for my rent and bills. PLEASE NOTE: I have only made money from the eBay and Amazon links below my reviews, and from clients finding me for film/photography work through Youtube. I have NEVER been paid for any product review!
Here is a screenshot of my Youtube channel not long ago, and me featured on the Official Youtube Creators Blog: http://youtubecreatorbloguk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/youtube-partner-november.html
The possible causes? Maybe I have broken the rules somewhere without knowing? If I had known, I would have immediately corrected it, I am always extremely careful with these things. Never being abusive or spamming and never posting any copyrighted material. This could have also been caused on purpose by someone (This has been known to happen. There were some people very angry at me recently for posing too many posts in a filmmaking group on facebook, I definitely won't be doing that again.) or it could just be something automatic in the Youtube system. I believe it was one these specific things:
- PRODUCT PLACEMENT! - It has just been brought to my attention that Google might think I have been paid for my reviews - IF I did, I would have had to select the option 'this video contains a paid product placement' in the advertising options - I totally understand this, but I HAVE NEVER BEEN PAID FOR ANY REVIEW, EVER! - I have received free review units, that is all! Any company I reviewed items for will confirm this! Most my review items were bought with my own money, but some companies sent me free review items too.
- Some hacking into my account?
- False 'flagging' (in simple words: untrue complaints) on my videos.
- The 10,000 extra views i got in the past few days, it's a known method of getting accounts closed, sending someone fake views so google thinks the youtuber himself bought himself fake views (which is obviously not allowed).
- I had eBay and Amazon affiliate links below my videos (links I make money from if people buy the item I reviewed), but the videos were never spam, always real video reviews filmed by myself about real products (This is done by many youtubers), and every single video had an annotation that read exactly this: "Thank you for watching! If you found this helpful, please support me by using the links below!". I read the youtube rules and it doesn't say anywhere this is not allowed, I found online that some people got accounts deleted, but mainly for spammy, useless videos, not REAL content like mine.
- I've been posting two videos per day for a few days, maybe that triggered something.
One thing is for sure, it's very hard for one guy to get his voice heard by Youtube, which is why I'm asking for help from my viewers, fans, friends, fellow bloggers and good people of the world. Some people in my situation have recovered their accounts, but from what I have found online, mostly only those who had some community support.
My very short open letter to Youtube I have to share things here which I would much rather be kept private, because at this point I will do anything to get my channel back.
"Dear Youtube staff, I am a hard working, helpful and honest person. My Youtube channel is what gets me enough work to pay my rent, which is not easy, my family is all living abroad and my mother has recently passed away. Please allow me the opportunity to fix any mistake I have done. Let me know what the issue is and I will be sure to fix it. Here are links showing the big support I am getting. Please find it in your heart to help me. - Thank you, Nitsan Simantov." LINKS:SLR Lounge, Cinema5D, FB 1, FB 2, FB 3, FB 4, FB 5,Twitter 1, Twitter 2, and also see the bottom of this article for number of shares and comments.
How you can help Please show Youtube that you support me by doing one or more of the things below. It can be as simple as "Please help us bring back the 'NitsanPictures' deleted channel!" - Feel free to share your thoughts, but please don't be abusive towards the Youtube staff.
- Please help me find ways to contact a real person at Youtube/Google. I'll update this post. All other ideas welcome too!
- RE-TWEET THIS (LINK) and share THIS POST (LINK) or THIS POST (LINK) on facebook. Also comment on the post that brought you here and on this article. No email needed, just type in your name.
- Tweet to @YTCreators, @mattcuttsand other Youtubers or influential people who might want to help. The more tweets, the better. Are there other people from Youtube/Google we can tweet to? I don't know much about Twitter, so any advice or help here will be great.
- Send this to bloggers! - Photo/video/tech related blogs are most likely to help but any other blog will be great too!
- Google Plus? I don't know how it works or who's page to post on. Any advice here would be appreciated.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com.
A huge thanks to everyone who is helping! Here's one of my tutorials (lots of technical jargon in this one, so non-film people can just mute it and enjoy the imagery), and below that my filmmaking showreel. See more of my work at www.nitsan.co.uk - After many requests, I am uploading most my videos to vimeo (I will soon try to find time to add descriptions, links and keywords.), but this doesn't help me much since Vimeo has very few visitors in comparison. For those that would like to follow me in the future, you can subscribe to this blog and my Vimeo channel. [vimeo 67854317 w=500 h=281]
[vimeo 59758917 w=500 h=281]
More screenshots of my videos